nearlydaybyday

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

At My Side -- Always

“David said about him: 'I saw the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken” (Acts 2:25)

Did you ever wonder why, when we pray, we tend to look toward heaven? Yet, the Lord Jesus said, “I will never leave you. I will never forsake you,” and in another place, “I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

And here, in Acts, Peter quotes the psalmist, “I saw the Lord always before me . . . he is at my right hand.”

I suppose it’s a matter of perception: in heaven (which implies, at least to me, far away), or at my right hand (which implies to me nearness and intimacy) -- Where is He?

Because He is God, He is in all places, but I’m going to make a conscious effort to imagine the Lord Jesus at my right hand, literally close enough to reach out and touch Him.

I wonder how that might affect my daily walk through this life.

I'll let you know :)

Rich
rmaffeo@comcast.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home