nearlydaybyday

Monday, November 22, 2004

Let There Be . . . And It Is So

“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. And the earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And God said . . . ."

It's easy to move quickly past this text and miss the personal application. "In the beginning" takes us back to the time before there was a beginning of time, when chaos reigned. And darkness. And emptiness.

Perhaps you know the feeling -- Chaos. Darkness. Emptiness.

I sure do. I’ve looked often enough at my own private chaos swirl around me. I searched in vain to stand on something solid in the midst of a roiling cauldron. I desperately sought safety, but darkness overwhelmed me.

Yet, in retrospect, I now believe that’s a good place to be – surrounded by confusion and emptiness. Why? Because it is there, when our resources have shriveled up, we are more likely to do what we should have done in the beginning -- stand still, quiet ourselves and hear God say, “Let there be light. And peace. And fullness”

And it is so.

He has never failed me. He will never fail you who are His children, born through the Cross.

"Lord, your lovingkindness is new every morning. Great is thy faithfulness."

RNMaffeo@aol.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home