nearlydaybyday

Friday, October 01, 2004

Eyes to See

"I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. . . ." (Ephesians 1:17-19)

The apostle Paul knew something I often forget: Unless the Holy Spirit opens our eyes to see truth, our ears to hear truth, and our hearts to receive truth, we will remain unconvinced of truth.

Yet, I often approach each day on my own, assuming I can discern right from wrong, truth from error, based on my experiences and knowledge. No wonder I get it wrong as often as I do.

The Psalmist recognized, as did all the prophets and apostles, God's word is a lamp to our feet and a light to our path. But if our eyes are closed, the light won't help us.

Holy Spirit, today -- every day -- open our eyes to see Jesus. Give us ears to hear Him. Give us hearts to obey Him. Amen

Rich
RNmaffeo@aol.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home