nearlydaybyday

Monday, January 31, 2005

Stake our Life On It

Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession–to the praise of his glory.” (Ephesians 1:13-14)

Oh, may God help us internalize this critically important point. God, who cannot lie, deceive or equivocate, made a solemn pledge: You and I belong to Him. We are His special children. The apple of His eye (Zecheriah 2:8). “Behold,” He speaks again to us through Isaiah, “I have engraved my people on the palms of my hands.” (Isaiah 49:16)

To guarantee His relationship with us, He sealed everyone who longs for Him to be Father, Friend and Savior – he sealed each of us with the Holy Spirit.

Therefore, who can bring a viable accusation against us when we belong to the Creator of the universe? Who has the right to tell us we are living a dream? What can separate us from His deep and enduring love? Tribulation? Distress? Persecution, famine, peril or sword? Of course not. Indeed, in all these things we can be overwhelming conquerors through Him who loves us. The apostle Paul added – as can we: “Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (see Romans 8:28-39)

Our heavenly Father would not seal you and me, His children through Calvary, if He didn’t intend to keep us close to His side. It shouldn’t matter how we feel about that promise. God said it, and we can stake our lives on it.

Thanks be to God!

Rich
rmaffeo@comcast.net

1 Comments:

  • Hi Rich
    I read some of your other pieces, here on your blogspot, besides this one, and I wonder if I should respond. Suddenly I feel as though I know nothing, and have nothing of value to say. I don't want to be like "one of Job's friends".
    It is so rare, even in my closest circle of influence, to find someone just hungry for God, as you are. I feel as though I have come to know Him intimately, and yet, I feel at the same time -- He could just up and change His mind about stuff, and i spoke for Him for nothing. This is my delima. Please pray for me that I will find that place that seems illusive to me. That place of perfect peace and serenity in knowing God so fully, and being known, that when I say/ask something -- like Jesus said we could, it would be done for me.
    In His Love, and for His Glory
    Gabriele

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home