nearlydaybyday

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Who Seeks Him?

The Lord looks down from heaven on the sons of men to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God." (Psalm 14:2)

This verse begs the question . . . and it should be a sobering one for all of us: What does the Lord see when He looks at us -- individually, and not hidden in the crowd of four billion people on the planet.

What does He see when He looks at me?

Do I purposefully seek to understand how He wants me to live my life? Do I yearn to know Him – really know Him, or am I more interested to know what’s on television?

If not, then why not?

What do you want God to see when He looks down from heaven at you?

Lord, I forget about you many times during my day. My life is so busy and occupied with a hundred things -- important things. But Lord, I don't want important things to crowd out what should be of utmost importance and value to me. Help me set aside time during my day to remember you and seek your face. Amen

rich
rmaffeo@comcast.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home